Hurricane Idalia – resources for live updates, emergency preparation and disaster response.
Tampa Bay Tribune Update 8/29/23 update
Idalia strengthened into a Category 1 hurricane on Tuesday morning and is likely to become an “extremely dangerous” major hurricane before making landfall on Wednesday.
The storm’s path has shifted west slightly, with landfall now expected in Taylor County. Still, much of the Tampa Bay area remains under a hurricane warning and Tampa Bay is under a storm surge warning.
Pinellas, Hillsborough, Pasco, Manatee and Hernando counties have issued mandatory evacuation orders for some areas and voluntary evacuations for other zones.
Hurricane Idalia Live Updates
- Washington Post: Live updates for Hurricane Ian
- NBC News – Hurricane Ian live updates
- New York Times: Hurricane Ian Live Updates
- Tampa Bay Times – Florida Hurricane
- X / Twitter updates – National Hurricane Center Live
- X / Twitter Updates – National Weather Service
- X / Twitter Updates – Federal Emergency Management System (FEMA)
- X / Twitter Updates – FL Division of Emergency Management
- X / Twitter Updates – Tampa Bay Times
- FEMA: Prepare for Idalia
- National Hurricane Center Website
- Ready.gov Hurricane Safety
- Red Cross Hurricane Safety & Emergency Resources
- Red Cross Disaster Apps
- Tampa Bay Tribune apps
- Get National Weather Center Wireless Emergency Alerts