Have a Healthy, Happy & Safe Summer!
Eat fresh, eat local. Get your “5 a day” with fresh fruits and veggies from local farmers markets and farm stands. Shopping at local farmers markets can offer a healthy nutritional boost to your diet while also supporting your local community. Plus, they are fun – and farmers can offer great tips for produce preparation and storage. To combine exercise and nutrition, look for “pick your own” farms. July is National Blueberry Month, so load up. At about 80 calories a cup, these little berries pack a nutritional wallop.
Get fit in the great outdoors. July is Parks & Recreation Month – why not enjoy outdoor activities in our nation’s parks? Whatever your favorite activity – biking, boating, birdwatching, climbing, hiking, kayaking, fishing, swimming and more – there is a park where you can “do your thing.” Find the right park for you by activity or location.
Stay safe. Be aware of seasonal hazards. Keep your eye on the weather and watch out for severe storms. Check your UV Index in your area. Limit sun exposure to protect your eyes and your skin during the summer days when sun UV rays are at their strongest. Everyone should be aware of signs of heat exhaustion and heat stroke, and the importance of hydration. Brush up on swimming, boating, hiking, grilling and other safety tips for the summer activity of your choice. See our blog post: Summer wellness and safety in the great outdoors.
As a member of ESI EAP, you and your family have access to many wellness benefits by logging in to www.theEAP.com to explore the online Wellness Center or by calling to engage with a Wellness Coach for one-to-one help meeting specific nutrition or fitness goals.
Did you know that your EAP has 163 calculators that allow you to test out various financial scenarios? Here’s just a sampling – you can log in to www.theEAP.com to see all of them!
- Credit Card Payoff – Use this calculator to see what it will take to pay off your credit card balance, and what you can change to meet your repayment goals. Related calculators: Roll-Down Your Credit Card Debt and Accelerated Debt Payoff
- Retirement Nest Egg Calculator – Do you know how much it takes to create a secure retirement? Use this calculator to help determine what size your retirement nest egg should be.
- Home Budget Analysis – One of the most important aspects of controlling your budget is determining where your money is going. This calculator helps you do just that. It will also help you identify areas for improvement.
- Home Rent vs. Buy Calculator – It takes more than looking at your mortgage payment to answer this question. Analyze fees, taxes, and monthly payments to help you make a decision between these two options.
When you’re out there getting fit and healthy this summer, don’t forget about exercising your brain, too. We have the ideal summer school: More than 10,000+ online E-Learning courses, many of them in short micro-learning bursts that you can take at your convenience. We add new topics every month. Check out popular new courses by logging in at www.theEAP.com, clicking the “Training Center” icon and choosing “New & Improved Trainings.”
- NEW! Professional Selling: Everybody Is in Sales | Course ID: SVL_1021388
This 7-minute video is one of 30 lessons with sales guru Jim Cathcart, who teaches how anyone can contribute to the customer experience by building and maintaining trust.
- 7 Ways to Improve Your Video Call Appearance | Course ID: SVL_1021557
This 6-minute video covers dress code, grooming practices, body language, lighting, camera angle, and the importance of a practice run.
- Understanding and Preventing Heat-Related Illnesses | Course ID: SVL_089077
Heat stress is a dangerous hazard both on the job and off. In this 17-minute video course, learn prevention, symptoms, and steps to take should it occur.
How to Scan a QR Code
1. Open the camera app.
2. Select the rear-facing camera in Photo mode.
3. Center the QR code you want to scan on the screen
and hold your phone steady for a couple of seconds.
4. Tap the notification that pops up to open the link.
(You will need to be connected to the internet to do this.)
EAP services are available to you and your household members as well as dependent children living away from home, up to age 26.
Planning a road trip this summer? Or maybe you are looking at finally taking that luxury dream trip. Whatever your style, why pay more than you need to? Through your EAP Lifestyle Savings Benefit, you can enjoy discounts, rewards, cash back offers, and perks on:
Travel services • vacation packages • cruises • car rental • theme & water parks • tickets to events and attractions • bus tours • museums • zoos • sporting events • theatres • dining
And before or after your trip, be sure to check out deals on your favorite brands at home, too!
Accessing Your EAP Training Center
1. Go to www.theEAP.com and
click Employee and Family login.
2. If you’ve already created an
account, log in with your User
3. If it’s your first time, click
REGISTER to create your User
Name and Password. You only
need to register once.
4. Click the ‘Training Center’ and
then choose ‘New & Improved
5. In the Search bar at the top of the
screen, type the course code or
search for a topic.
6. Click the course icon, and click the
‘Play’ or ‘Start’ button to begin.
To get a certificate: View the course and take the quiz. Not all courses require a quiz, but if so, you must score at least 80% for a certificate. To get your certificate, click on the ribbon icon below the right corner of the video. The certificate will download to your computer.