We’re midway into National Nutrition Month, a nutrition education and information campaign created annually by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.It’s not too late to spice up your employee communications with some good tips and colorful artwork highlighting the importance of good nutrition!
This annual March campaign focuses attention on the importance of making informed food choices and developing sound eating and physical activity habits. This year’s theme is “Savor the flavor of eating right.” The Academy’s website has a variety of resources that you can use in your wellness program and employee communications – both for this month and beyond. We’ll highlight a few that we particularly like. Plus, many are available in both English and Spanish.
Social Media Toolkit – a variety of colorful National Nutrition Month gifs, banners and artwork ready made for posting on social media or for downloading. We’re using a few in this post.
Nutrition handouts & tip sheets for families and communities. Healthy Eating on the Run is great for working people and Eating Right on a Budget is great for families – or anyone really. There are many others.
A selection of recipes with nutritional information.
Other features of the site include
- Information on nutrition throughout the lifecycle, from infancy through senior years.
- Advice for achieving and maintaining a healthy weight.
- Information on prevention and management of diseases including diabetes, cancer and celiac disease.
- What to do if you have food allergies or intolerances.
- Important information on purchasing, preparing and serving the safest possible food.
- Timely features and the latest food and nutrition information and trends.
- A searchable database of registered dietitian nutritionists throughout the United States.