At the end of the year, we had retrospective look at the year we just completed. Now that everyone is back to work and a New Year has kicked off, let’s get a read on what some of HR leaders see in the cards for the year before us:
Predicting the Future, Talent Edition
At HRE Daily, Michael J. O’Brien looks at eight trends gleaned from KornFerry Futurestep’s Top Talent Trends predictions for 2016, based on insights from 24 global experts. Click for the detail, but here’s a summary:
1. Candidates are in the driver’s seat
2. Investment hiring to edge out competition
3. Smart data to source and develop talent
4. Streamlined HR Technologies enabling centralized global recruitment
5. Candidate Concierge Experience
6. Talent from within will be realized as a true asset
7. Graduate recruiting for today and into the future
8. Embracing diversity proving key to growth
For additional perspective on these 8 trends, see Rick Bell’s analysis at Workforce:
2016 Talent Forecast: Foggy, With Intermittent Rays of Insight
The Top HR Goal in 2016? Recruiting, Retention and Engagement
Sharlyn Lauby, HR Bartender, says that HR is going to be different in 2016; she offers some issues to consider when developing your talent strategies:
- What Are HR Analysts and Why Should You Pay Attention to Them
- Employee Engagement Is At An 8-Year Low
- Your Blueprint for Employee Performance Meetings
- Prevent Exit Interviews With Stay Interviews
HR Will Be Different in 2016
Lori Ruettimann offers four reasons why human resources will be different next year.
- It’s an election year.
- HR leaders are getting younger and bolder.
- HR won’t do as much HR.
- HR will be as analytical, if not more analytical, than any other department.
5 Powerful HR & Recruiting Tech Trends in 2016
Jessica Miller-Merrell of Blogging4Jobs is optimistic about the outlook for the coming year and discusses 5 areas that will be important to HR:
#1 – Data Protection and Privacy
#2 – Mobile
#3 – Machine Learning Growth and Evolution
#4 – Focus on Retention and Perks
#5 – Pre-Candidate Engagement
HR Tech Trends to Watch in 2016
Steve Golberg, HRE Daily
2016 Tech Predictions
Aliah D. Wright, SHRM
- Vincent Ryan, CFO: CFOs Reveal Their Top Issues for 2016
- AT CEO, The Young Entrepreneur Council (YEC) surveyed some folks about 2016 and their hopes for the new year: 10 New Developments to Anticipate in 2016
- At LinkedIn, Amy Chen polls business leaders: What big ideas will disrupt 2016? Top minds share their predictions
- Sharlyn Lauby, SHRM talks about 3 Business Trends that will Impact Human Resources in 2016: how the election, the employee experience and a resurgence in social media will impact HR.
- Sandy Smith of EHS Today looks at Top 10 Workplace Trends For 2016
Regulatory & Compliance
- Employment Laws to Watch Out For in 2016
- New Year, New Laws: A Summary Of Hot Button Employment Laws To Hit The Books In 2016
- What’s Ahead in 2016 For Employment Law? Probably Not As Much As You Think
- Top 5 OSHA trends to watch in 2016
- 4 new/revised OSHA regs in first 4 months of 2016?
- The Affordable Care Act – What Employers Need to Know for 2016 (PDF)
- What Employers Need To Know About the 2016 Affordable Care Act Reporting Requirements
- Six ways to evaluate voluntary products for 2016
- The 2016 ABCs of employee benefits
- 5 Employee Benefit Trends to Watch in 2016
Misc. Issues & Tools
- 5 Resources For Being a Better Manager in 2016
- 16 science-backed ways to be more successful at work in 2016
- Nine leadership books to watch for in 2016
- 8 Top Office Design Trends For 2016
- Workplace Cultures of Safety: 2016 Overview