Seven Summertime Stressbusters
- Go to bed 15 to 30 minutes earlier at night. You’ll feel amazingly more refreshed in the morning!
- Don’t procrastinate! Getting that deadline over with now can relieve that looming feeling of obligation.
- Schedule a lazy day to pamper yourself and refresh. Read, catch up on movies, play with your pet, take a long bubble bath.
- Limit activities with “negative” friends or acquaintances who reinforce bad or stressful feelings.
- Take long walks several times a week. The release of endorphins will trigger a great sense of well-being.
- Explore your creativity! Take a class in something that you might find challenging but rewarding.
- Call your EAP Coach for help determining the root cause of your stress and finding ways to relieve the tension.
Road Trips this Summer?
AAA has a lot of free, handy tools that can help you on your trip. Check the AAA Digest of Motor Laws to brush up on driving laws for any states you will be driving through. Plan costs in advance with the Gas Cost Calculator. And if you are taking any medications, check RoadwiseRX, a tool designed to help you learn more about your medications and how they may affect your driving. Plus, remember that your online EAP help center offers resources to brush up on driving safety tips, distracted driving laws and more.
In 2018, imposter scams and debt collection scams topped the list of consumer fraud complaints, according to the Federal Trade Commission. Scammers contact potential victims by phone or email posing as some authorities, such as the IRS, the police or your bank. To avoid scams, be on high alert for unsolicited emails and phone calls. Some common schemes to trick you include high pressure tactics such as Urgency – you must decide now; offer is expiring; etc.; Threats or Intimidation – you’re under investigation or you will be arrested if you don’t act now; Isolation – trying to force a decision before you talk it over with someone else.
Did you know that your online EAP help center has dozens of calculators to help you test various financial scenarios? Should you buy or rent? How can you pay your credit card off sooner? How much do you need to save to buy a house, finance college or retire comfortably? Explore the 164 calculators to test these and other financial scenarios to improve your budgeting and better manage your money.
Learn Something New
Have you explored everything your EAP has to offer? Check out the 18 coaching programs and 300+ trainings and resources to improve personal and professional performance …all available to you and your family members at no cost.