Hurricane Ian continues to pose a threat as it advances north after wreaking disaster in Florida. Georgia, North and South Carolina have all declared states of emergency in advance of potential storm surge and landfall. We’ve updated resources with live updates from national news services, state emergency management services, and Florida emergency response information.
Hurricane Ian Live Updates
- Washington Post: Live updates for Hurricane Ian
- NBC News – Hurricane Ian live updates
- New York Times: Hurricane Ian Live Updates
- Twitter updates – National Hurricane Center Live
- Twitter Updates – National Weather Service
- Twitter Updates – Federal Emergency Management System (FEMA)
- Florida State Assistance Information Line 1-800-342-3557
- Emergency Updates: FloridaDisaster.org/Info
- FEMA Florida Hurricane Ian – Federal assistance is available to eligible individuals and families affected by this disaster.
- Twitter updates – FL Division of Emergency Management Live Updates
- Tampa Bay Times – Hurricane and Tampa Bay Times on Twitter
- Florida Division of Emergency Management and Hurricane Ian Information
- Ready.gov: Florida State and Local Emergency Management Information
Other states In the path of Hurricane Ian
General Hurricane Resources
- Disaster Assistance
- National Hurricane Center Website
- Ready.gov Hurricane Safety
- Red Cross Hurricane Safety & Emergency Resources
- Red Cross Disaster Apps
- Get National Weather Center Wireless Emergency Alerts
- Disaster Distress Helpline – Crisis Counseling 1-800-985-5990 – SAMHSA provides 24/7/365 crisis counseling and support to people experiencing emotional distress related to natural or human-caused disasters.