Put A Spring in Your Step!
Time to get your Spring game on! Days are lengthening, flowers are beginning to bloom and we can all look forward
to spending more time in nature and the great outdoors.
Plus, with the promise that vaccines offer for a safer,
healthier life, there’s optimism in the air! Why not use the spring season to mimic nature and turn over a new leaf?
Your EAP benefits and services can help.
Here are just a few of the ways to put a spring in your step:
- Get outside and get fit: Adults need a minimum 150 minutes per week of moderate exercise to stay healthy, or half that for vigorous activities. Adding muscle-strengthening activities on 2 or more days a week boosts the benefits. Some ideas for moderate impact activities that will get you outdoors include gardening, brisk walking, doubles tennis, canoeing, easy biking, softball and mowing the lawn. High impact activities include hiking, vigorous biking, swimming laps, jogging, running, wheelchair sprinting, soccer, volleyball and basketball. Check your EAP online Wellness Center for more ideas.
- One-to-one Coaching for your health: If you want to get serious about toning up those muscles and getting back in shape, why not get help from a pro? Get one-to-one telephonic counseling with a certified Wellness Coach for Fitness, Nutrition, Stress Management, Beginning Yoga, and more.
- Learn something new: Don’t just tone up that body, keep your mind mentally sharp and fit, too. Challenge yourself with learning something new. Explore 8,000+ online courses to find ways to improve both personally and professionally, or just for the fun of learning!
- Talk to a counselor: One in 5 people will experience a mental illness during their lifetime. May is Mental Health Month, a good time to pick up the phone to talk to one of your EAP counselors to unload any worries or problems that may concern you. Also, check out Tools 2 Thrive from Mental Health America.
E-Learning Popular Picks
Check out a few popular picks from our 8,000+ E-Learning courses and trainings. Simply login at www.theEAP.com, click the “Training Center” icon and choose the “New & Improved Trainings” icon.
- Security Awareness Now! Phishing | Course ID: SVL_201004
14 minute video on how to spot and avoid phishing scams, ensure your devices are protected, and deal with phishing emails.
- NEW! Microsoft Teams (Part 1 of 2): Fundamentals | Course ID: SVL_20602769
87 minute video overview of this collaboration, meeting and chat tool, focusing on how to initiate meetings and calls and use Files.
- Cutting Edge Communication: Handling Anyone Difficult | Course ID: SVL_066114_NQ
We all have to deal with difficult people. This 8 minute video covers our key skills so problems do not escalate.
TAX TIME TIPS #2
• The IRS extended Tax
Day for individuals to
May 17th for federal tax
• Last newsletter, we noted
that unemployment was
taxable but the recently
enacted American Rescue
Plan allows a waiver of up
to $10,200 of 2020
per person on federal
• Note that not all states
are extending the state
tax filing deadlines and
not all states are allowing a waiver on state tax
unemployment benefits, so check with your state tax authority.