Pandemic parenting has not been easy! But there have been silver linings, too: More family time spent together. A slower pace. Shared meals. Shared activities. Now, as we all shift from stay-at-home pandemic mode to easing back to normal activities, family arrangements will be disrupted again and new challenges will emerge. Any change in schedule can be tough for children to adjust to. And although most kids will be happy to be back to school and reunited with friends, for some it may kick up social anxiety after so much time apart. Whatever adjustments you and your family face, remember that counseling services are just a quick phone call away, 24-7. You can access individual counseling, couples counseling, and family therapy services – just give us a call.
We also offer a variety of other family benefits that might help:
- Access telephonic one-to-one coaching for help in Balancing Life at Work and Home.
- Manage money and reduce costs with our Lifestyle Savings Benefit, Personal Finance & Education Center, and Tools for Tough Times.
- Caregiver Resources offer help and education for issues related to children and aging relatives.
- Work Life offers self-help tools for parenting and finding balance between home and work.
Childcare and eldercare locators can also help with making new work-life arrangements:
- Adult Care Services – Find adult day care and assisted living to continuing care and in-home services.
- Child Care Services – Locate after school programs and summer camps to special needs and babysitting.
- Educational Services – Find pre-schools and nurseries to colleges and universities, and everything in between.
- Parenting Services – Find childbirth education and maternity services to breast feeding consultants.
- Adoption Services – Locate private adoption agencies.
- Pet Services – Source boarding services, pet sitting, and kennels.
If you can’t find the family help, services or information that you need, just give us a call.
E-Learning Popular Picks
Check out a few popular picks from our 8,000+ E-Learning courses and trainings. Simply login at www.theEAP.com, click the “Training Center” icon and choose the “New & Improved Trainings” icon.
- NEW! Leadership Skills for New Managers: Introduction | Course ID: SVL_1020885
40 minute video is the first in a series for new managers presented by leadership and career consultant Jena Viviano.
- NEW! Being an Ally at Work: 10 Tips to Live By Fundamentals | Course ID: SVL_1020876
9 minute video on 10 ways to actively practice allyship in everyday life, from being respectful to standing up for what’s right and more.
- Safe Driving | Course ID: SVL_1020017
40 minute video on the hottest topics in driver safety including everything from winter weather safety to the hazards of distracted driving.
Focus on Health
for Men & Boys
According to the CDC, today the average man dies almost five years earlier than the average woman. Men die at higher rates from 9 of the top 10 causes of death and are the victims of over 92% of workplace deaths. June is dedicated to raising awareness of men’s preventable health problems and to encourage early detection and treatment of disease, and to encourage boys, men and their families to practice and implement healthy living decisions, such as exercising and eating healthy. Check out the Men’s Health Resource Center.