Make 2023 A Year of Positive Change
Change is good. It keeps life from becoming monotonous, it builds resilience, it helps us grow, and it’s vital if we want to reach new goals. But let’s be honest, change isn’t easy. It is sometimes scary, and it often happens whether we’re ready or not.
Every new year, about 40% of Americans embrace change by making resolutions for the year ahead. The most popular resolutions center around doing better with money and building healthier habits. Other resolutions include working to achieve personal and professional goals, such as learning a new skill or improving a relationship. But despite our good intentions, fewer than 12% of those resolutions stick. Your EAP offers a secret weapon that can help: tap into the expertise of Counselors and Coaches who are experts in change. They can help you stay on track and make it more likely that you will succeed. Here are some examples of how we can help:
- Take more control of your money. Learn about budgeting, credit, debt, and money management with Certified Financial Coaching. Coaches can even help you manage Student Debt.
- Exercise more, eat healthier, or achieve some other fitness goal. Whatever your personal fitness goals are, Certified Wellness Coaching can help you make a solid plan to get there and support you throughout your journey.
- Get along better with others. Coaching in Effective Communication can help you strengthen your emotional intelligence and improve interpersonal communication skills both at work and at home.
- Reduce stress and learn to relax. Coaching can help you manage stress, learn about the benefits of yoga and meditation, or help you achieve a better balance between your work and family life.
- Attain a personal goal. Want to buy a home, plan for retirement, or succeed as a supervisor? Coaching can help.
- Resolve a nagging personal problem. Counseling can help you with unresolved problems related to mental health, relationships, and more. Make this the year to address a problem that has been worrying you.
In addition to Coaching and Counseling, tap into thousands of online videos, articles, calculators, self-assessments, and online courses to help support your change goals, whether those goals are professional or personal.
What Great Thinkers Have to Say About Change
- “To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.” – Winston Churchill
- “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” – Socrates
- “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” – John D. Rockefeller
- “Change is inevitable. Growth is optional.” – John C. Maxwell
To support your change goals, choose from thousands of online E-Learning courses, many of them in short micro-learning bursts you can take at your convenience. New topics are added every month so check back often. Log in at www.theEAP.com and click on the comprehensive training library in the “Training Center.”
- NEW! Five Days of Fitness | Course ID: SVL_074121
Take this entire 84-minute course at once or click the highlighted text under the video to break
it up into 9 shorter clips of individual workouts, plus warming up and cooling down.
- People Matter! Connecting Ethics and Respect in the Workplace | Course ID: SVL_061135
Ethics is about respect, whether it’s a policy, person, property, or organization. This 21-minute course focuses on people and respect.
- Cutting Edge Success at Work: Be Confident and Assertive | Course ID: SVL_066143_NQ
In this 11-minute video, learn how to not only speak with confidence but to also overcome personal blocks and barriers.
How to Scan a QR Code
1. Open the camera app.
2. Select the rear-facing camera in Photo mode.
3. Center the QR code you want to scan on the screen
and hold your phone steady for a couple of seconds.
4. Tap the notification that pops up to open the link.
(You will need to be connected to the internet to do this.)
EAP services are available to you and your household members as well as dependent children living away from home, up to age 26.
Money may be tight after the holidays so be sure to check out your Lifestyle Savings Benefit for discounts, rewards and perks for products and services. These include Health & Wellness, Auto, Electronics, Apparel, Restaurants, Beauty & Spa, Flowers & Gifts, Sports & Fitness and much more!
Healthy January Happenings
We’re Here if You Need Us Now and in 2023!
As you start the new year, remember that your EAP is here to help 24-7-365 – we’re even here on holidays! Keep our number handy!
Accessing Your EAP Training Center
1. Go to www.theEAP.com and
click Member Login.
2. If you’ve already created an
account, log in with your User
3. If it’s your first time, click
REGISTER to create your User
Name and Password. You only
need to register once.
4. Click the ‘Training Center’ and
then choose ‘Comprehensive
5. In the Search bar at the top of the
screen, type the course code or
search for a topic.
6. Click the course icon, and click the
‘Play’ or ‘Start’ button to begin.
To get a certificate: View the course and take the quiz. Not all courses require a quiz, but if so, you must score at least 80% for a certificate. To get your certificate, click on the ribbon icon below the right corner of the video. The certificate will download to your computer.