We offer employees more.
When an employee or family members faces a significant personal problem, they can call for assistance at any time 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our lines are staffed by experienced counselors with a Master’s or Ph.D. degree. If a referral is needed, we have a provider network with over 40,000 counselors.
Our Employee Benefits Include…
All employees and their immediate family members are eligible for telephonic counseling and short-term, in-person counseling. Immediate family members are defined as spouse, children, life partner, or anyone who lives with the employee. Dependent children up to age 26 are also covered.
All counseling services start with a phone call or an online click 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Experienced counselors–not call center staff–provide immediate help. These Masters and Ph.D. level clinical counselors help assess your problems and issues. Often, they can resolve the issues, but if not, they will refer you to face-to-face counseling with a local counselor for additional help. We’ve built a referral network of more than 40,000 private practice providers located throughout the U.S. and Canada to supplement our proprietary counseling services. In addition, our Member website offers private access to thousands of articles, assessments, videos, and information resources.
Peak Performance Coaching
Achieve your life goals at work and at home! These benefits include one-on-one telephonic coaching from Certified Coaches combined with structured, online trainings. Coaching is delivered by Masters or Ph.D. level Coaches in scheduled telephonic coaching sessions to review key concepts of the trainings and implementation of skills. Coaches use a solution-focused approach to improve current and future performance.
- Certified Financial Coaching
- Balancing Life at Work and Home Coaching
- Resilience Coaching
- Effective Communication Coaching
- Home Purchase Coaching
- Certified Student Debt Coaching
- Relaxation for Beginners
- Workplace Conflict Coaching
- Retirement Coaching
- Succeeding as a Supervisor Coaching
Professional legal services are provided for issues not related to employment or medical concerns. Members will receive a free legal consultation per legal issue with an attorney. Should a Member need to retain an attorney, a referral is made to a private attorney who specializes in the area of need. A 25% discount is applied to legal services billed at an hourly rate if the attorney is retained.
We also offer an extensive legal library which includes Will templates, hundreds of forms for issues including, but not limited to: consumer, creditor, healthcare, childcare, eldercare, landlord/tenant issues and pet agreements. It also contains contract samples and hundreds of articles.
Personal Finance & Education
ESI provides no-cost financial consultation services to our Members with CPAs and Certified Financial Planners. Typical matters include tax planning, retirement and college planning questions. Financial planners can be retained at a discounted monthly rate.
ESI has internet based services available such as financial calculators, budget templates, trainings and an entire resource center, Tools for Tough Times, to help our Members cope with today’s financial pressures.
We also offer a Personal Finance & Education Center that includes more than 200 online courses covering a wide range of money issues.
Training & Personal Development
Employees have 24/7 on-demand access to training on the core skills your organization needs to remain competitive. Subjects cover the entire spectrum of employee development including Management skills, Communication, Information Technology, Safety, HR Compliance, Sales, and Customer Service. Other compliance content includes Violence in the Workplace, Sexual Harassment and Discrimination, and Alcohol and Substance Abuse Training. Managers and supervisors can sharpen their management skills with courses on such topics as Coaching Skills, Team Building, Problem Solving, Leadership, Stress, and Delegation.
ESI delivers more to help employees resolve their individual issues. We offer the largest employee assistance self-help resource center with over 25,000 webinars, expert articles, tools, tutorials, trainings, and video resources. Just some of the subjects include:
- Parenting and Family Issues
- Elder and Child Care Resource Locators
- Adoption and Special Needs Resources
- Health and Wellness Resources
- 700+ Health Videos
- Cancer, Diabetes and Other Illnesses
- Health Assessments
- Personal Finance and Education
- Financial Assessments and Tutorials
- Debt and Debt Restructuring
- 150+ Financial Calculators
- Wills, Forms, Legal Information and Templates
- Home Ownership and Mortgages
- Taxes and the IRS
- Consumer Rights and Resources
- Pet Resources
- Lifestyle Benefits and Discounts
- 100+ Personal Improvement Webinars
- Emotional Wellbeing and Resilience
- Articles and Videos on Personal Problems
- Stress, Grief, Depression and Trauma
- Mental and Behavioral Health Issues
- Domestic and Workplace Violence Resource Center
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse
The Wellness Resource Center contains the latest, most reliable articles, videos and self-assessments for dealing with stress, diet, fitness and smoking. As employees increase their knowledge and understanding of these topics, they can greatly reduce their health risks and increase their overall wellbeing. All employees of the organization and their immediate family members are eligible to utilize these valuable resources.
Lifestyle Savings Benefits
Lifestyle Savings Benefits include thousands of discounts, rewards and perks in a variety of categories: Health & Wellness, Auto, Electronics, Apparel, Restaurants, Beauty & Spa, Flowers & Gifts, Sports & Fitness and more! Available benefits are accessible from ESI’s Member website.
- Finding a local medical or dental provider
- Consumer law and consumer rights
- Scholarships and financial aid
- Summer camp options
Stress Assessment & Services
- A thorough assessment
- Identification of critical stressors
- Counseling intervention
- Stress reduction strategies tailored to the Member’s specific needs
With Adoption Benefits, Members can access an adoption counselor to get help through the various stages and types of adoptions. Members receive an adoption guide and referrals to adoption agencies, attorneys and adoption support organizations. An adoption specialist provides ongoing counseling throughout the adoption process.
Members have the convenience and privacy of 24/7 access to all EAP benefits and services at their fingertips wherever they go via the EAP smartphone app. The app offers all the same great tools, benefits and resources that are accessible via computer, but in a more mobile-friendly format. The app is downloadable free for iOS and Android.
Juggling work with the demands of family and personal issues can be difficult. With our Work/Life Benefits, employees can access help and expert resources to address the challenges and concerns of daily living. Some of the most common Work/Life issues that our Members face are:
• Child care and daycare
• Aging issues and elder care
• Health and wellness
• Legal problems and family law
• Debt and debt restructuring
• Financial planning
• Education and tuition planning
• Real estate and tenant/landlord concerns
• Estate planning, probate and wills
Wellness Coaching includes:
- One-on-one coaching and counseling from an integrated team of coaches and clinicians
- Coaching for Fitness, Nutrition, Weight Loss, Stress, Tobacco Cessation and Drugs & Alcohol
- Frequent messages via our Automated Digital Communication System to create employee awareness of behavioral health risks