Supercharge Your Skills with Summer Training
Summer is a time of vacations and a little extra leisure for many. Here’s an idea: Invest some of your time in yourself to supercharge your skills. By dedicating just a few minutes a day or a week to learning, you can gain new skills and brush up on current skills. Lifetime learning is a satisfying and worthwhile pursuit that can yield growth and development both on the job and off. ESI EAP offers numerous ways to help:
- Personal & Professional Development Trainings – Explore thousands of free online personal & professional development trainings in multiple user-friendly formats on work skills, wellness, technology, safety, and more. Try micro-learning in short bursts of 10 minutes or less, or dive deeper on key topics in eLearning of 30+ minutes. (Log in and click on the Training Center tile)
- Career & Education Resource Center – Find links to resources for Career Exploration and Planning; Finding the Right College; Financial Aid and Scholarships; and Vocational, Military and Other Career Resources. (Log in to the Resource Centers)
- Financial Fitness Center – Learn about money matters, from budgeting to investing. Explore hundreds of interactive tutorials to help you get answers to all your questions about money! (Log in and click on the
Personal Finance & Education Center tile)
- Personal and Professional Coaching – One-to-one telephonic sessions with professional coaches on a variety of topics for work and home life. (Call 800-252-4555 to talk to a Coach)
- Self-Help Resource Center – Take webinars, watch videos, use online calculators, and explore thousands of topics online with your EAP.
Not sure where to start? Let us help. Call us at 800-252-4555 to talk over your options with a Counselor or a Coach.
4 Reasons to Support Local Farmers
A healthy diet should include at least five portions of fruit and vegetables daily. Up your intake this summer starting with National Farmers Market Week from August 6 to 12. Find markets near you through Local Harvest Farmers Markets and the National Farmers Market Directory or research nearby farms to plan a family day trip. Some farms have “pick your own” fields, barnyard petting zoos for kids, and other fun summer activities.
Here’s why you should shop at local farms and farmers markets:
- Local fruits and vegetables are at peak freshness and flavor in the summer and fall! Plus, just-picked produce contains maximum nutrients and vitamins.
- Get access to expert produce advice. Growers are experts in what they sell. Most are glad to share tips on storage and preparation of the produce they sell.
- Shopping local supports your community. Growers are small local businesses and job creators, so buying their produce offers tax and job benefits that boost your local community.
- It’s a green thing to do. Supporting local farms keeps them viable and preserves natural green space in your community. Buying locally also takes much less of an environmental toll in fuel consumption, storage, and related environmental costs.
Need more ideas for turning over a new leaf when it comes to nutrition and diet? Log in to www.theEAP.com to explore wellness topics or get on the path to reaching your health goals with our Wellness Coaches.
Explore our thousands of E-Learning lessons on a wide range of topics – below are just a few suggestions. Search for more by clicking on “Member Login” at www.theEAP.com. When signed in, click on the Comprehensive Training Library in the “Training Center.”
- Career Advancement: Adding Value as an Employee | Course ID: SVL_1020573
Ready to take your career to the next level? This 5-minute video covers seven ways you can maximize your contributions to your organization.
- NEW! Power and Promise: Artificial Intelligence | Course ID: SVL_014619
Learn the history, definitions, and types of Artificial Intelligence (AI), as well as the ethical considerations of using AI in business. Take this in one 29-minute video or break it into micro learning segments.
- NEW! Eating and Living Well | Course ID: SVL_014613
In this 6-minute video, a Registered Dietitian offers advice to help you achieve long-term health and good eating habits for any lifestyle.
Quick Tips for Back-to-School Prep!
Get in the routine for good sleep by starting a week or two before school begins. Pediatricians say that young children should get 10-12 hours sleep a night and teens, 8-10 hours. Don’t let them take phones or laptops to bed!
- Talk to your children about their feelings and expectations about the upcoming year. Address any anxiety or concerns your child may have about returning to school, providing reassurance and support.
- Involve your kids in planning and budgeting for clothes, school supplies, extracurricular activities, daily routines, and lunches. This will help them build excitement and a sense of ownership.
- Discuss safety matters. Plan out their travel route and routine. Talk about road safety, stranger danger, COVID-19 precautions, etc. See the NSCs Back to School Safety Checklist.
- Plan a daily chat once school starts to ask about school, what they did, what they liked, what they didn’t like, if they have any concerns or worries, who their friends are.
How to Scan a QR Code
1. Open the camera app.
2. Select the rear-facing camera in Photo mode.
3. Center the QR code you want to scan on the screen
and hold your phone steady for a couple of seconds.
4. Tap the notification that pops up to open the link.
(You will need to be connected to the internet to do this.)
EAP services are available to you and your household members as well as dependent children living away from home, up to age 26.
ESI EAP’s Featured August Webinar
Tapping Into Empathy –
Each month, you can find a themed webinar and related resources at the top of the member site. Simply log in to www.theEAP.com during
August to explore the
resources or take the
webinar at your convenience.
More August Events:
Accessing Your EAP Training Center
1. Go to www.theEAP.com and
click Member Login.
2. If you’ve already created an
account, log in with your User
3. If it’s your first time, click
REGISTER to create your User
Name and Password. You only
need to register once.
4. Click the ‘Training Center’ and
then choose ‘Comprehensive
5. In the Search bar at the top of the
screen, type the course code or
search for a topic.
6. Click the course icon, and click the
‘Play’ or ‘Start’ button to begin.
To get a certificate: View the course and take the quiz. Not all courses require a quiz, but if so, you must score at least 80% for a certificate. To get your certificate, click on the ribbon icon below the right corner of the video. The certificate will download to your computer.