Employers, it’s time to update your FMLA posters and related materials, if you haven’t already done so.
On March 8, new FMLA regulations and policies go into effect. By that date, employers should have updated handbooks, forms, and posters to reflect the changes. FMLA has issued a final rule that expands coverage for families of military service members. In addition, FMLA has clarified rules related to caregivers of adult children with disabilities.
FMLA has also modified existing rules that extend protections for airline personnel and flight crews.
Resources to learn more about compliance:
- FMLA: Protections Expanded for Military Families and Flight Crews – DOL site
- Side by side comparison of Current / Final Regulations– DOL site
- Download the updated FMLA poster– DOL site
- Jeff Nowak, FMLA Insights discusses the changes.
- Coate Hall & Stewart talks about what the changes mean for employers.
When complex employee issues arise, ESI EAP offers member employers direct access to Certified Senior Professionals in Human Resources (SPHR) and senior clinical counselors. If you need an Employee Assistance Program give us a call: 800-535-4841.