According to the American Heart Association, the health benefits of whole grains are many. Eating whole grains instead of refined grains lowers the risk of:
- Stroke by 30 percent to 36 percent
- type 2 diabetes by 21 percent to 30 percent
- heart disease by 25 percent to 28 percent
- Helps you maintain a healthy weight
According to recent studies whole grains also:
- Reduce risk of asthma
- Helps you have healthier carotid arteries.
- Reduces risk of inflammatory disease.
- Decreases risk for colorectal cancer.
- Helps you achieve a healthy blood pressure.
- Also decreases gum disease and tooth loss.
Learn more about whole grains and fiber – the nutrients they include, how to read labels to identify fiber content and how to determine the right amounts/serving sizes for your diet.
No matter what the wellness goal – losing 10 pounds or 100 – our workplace Wellness Coaches help our Members separate the wheat from the chaff with nutrition and diet tips!