Hurricane Dorian has been upgraded to Cat three and the National Hurricane Center says there is an enhanced risk of severe weather, especially tornadoes, over eastern North Carolina today. Here are the 5 AM EDT Thursday, September 5 Key Messages for Hurricane #Dorian
Mandatory evacuations have been issued in Florida, Georgia and South Carolina.
- Florida’s evacuation and curfew orders
- Georgia: A mandatory evacuation order is in effect from 8:00 am Tuesday morning.
- South Carolina: Mandatory Evacuations for Coastal Counties effective September 2 at Noon
We are thinking of all our Florida neighbors as Hurricane Dorian bears down the state. We’ve compiled a variety of hurricane prep resources and tools, along with emergency resources and apps for tracking the storm’s path. We’ll update with more resources as the situation evolves.
Prepare before the storm
FloridaDisaster.org (Division of Emergency Management) is the single best source for information. See specific information on Emergency Information for Hurricane Dorian. You can also visit the sister site for commercial businesses: FloridaDisaster.Biz
Florida Department of Education – Hurricane Dorian
Social Media & Apps
- Red Cross Free Emergency Apps
- Florida 511 APP – real-time FL traffic conditions and incident information
- Florida Storms APP – Florida Public Radio Emergency Network
- FEMA App
- Florida State Emergency Response Team (SERT) on Twitter and on Facebook
- US Coast Guard Southeast on Twitter and on Facebook
- National Weather Service Twitter and Facebook
- National Hurricane Center on Twitter
- CNN Live updates: Hurricane Dorian
- NYT: Maps: Tracking Hurricane Dorian’s Path Toward Florida
- NYT: Live news updates