We love our pets! Nearly two-thirds of all U.S. households have a pet. According to the American Veterinary Medical Association, more than 37% of all U.S. households have a pet dog and 32% have a pet cat – some have more than one. And that doesn’t even figure in horses, birds, and a variety of other pets. And we take our pets very seriously. In a 2006 survey, nearly half of the pet owners polled indicated that they consider their pets to be family members.
In our own research, we find that at least half of our members have pets. Along with all the incoming calls for help with family issues or life problems, we get occasional questions about pets. Pet issues include behavioral problems and grief over the loss of a pet can pose challenges for their human owners.
- Access our online Pet Help Center, a centralized source for resources and help.
- Search hundreds of links and articles on a variety of pet-related matters.
- Submit questions or can call to get help in solving pet-related problems. Telephonic researchers are poised to help.
- Get help naming a pet, finding a vet, locating hotels or vacation areas that allow pets, or solving a pet behavioral problem.
- Visit our Pet Help Center Blog with useful tips and amusing pet stories.