Roughly one in every ten persons has an alcohol or drug abuse problem serious enough to interfere with work, with home life, or with health. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg because every problem drinker or substance abuser also has a negative effect on a circle of people around them. Virtually all of us have been touched in some way by this debilitating issue – whether by a family member, a friend, or a work colleague. That is why TotalCare EAP offers most services for drug and alcohol abuse than any other any EAP.
Substance abuse is a national problem that affects people of all ages and all occupations. Left unchecked, drug or alcohol problems can destroy a person’s health and take a heavy toll on family members. It’s a serious problem, but one that benefits from the right help.
- Members can call to access either telephonic or face-to-face counseling.
- Family members affected by the substance abuse can also contact TotalCare EAP for counseling services.
- Calls can be made day or night – even on weekends or holidays.
- Members will reach a professional counselor with at least five years experience dealing with substance abuse and other personal issues.
- The counselor will arrange for a substance abuse evaluation and begin an individualized treatment plan.
- There are various treatment options available, depending on a member’s specific situation: outpatient counseling, group programs, or inpatient treatment.
- The counselor will help determine the most effective help for a particular situation.
- In addition to counseling, members can access assessments relating to addiction.
- We provide referrals for any legal issue arising from substance abuse.
- Access the assistance of a professional researcher to help identify community resources available.
- Online resources include a library of articles and videos focused on substance abuse and addiction and related problems.
- Access our directory of treatment centers located throughout theUSandCanada.